Step 3: Next step planning
Getting started on Step 3
Step 3 is about developing a plan for change. During Step 3, schools interpret their reports ((W@S or Inclusive Practices), use the action planning template and Next step planning modules/links below to develop an action plan.
► Learn more about Interpreting the W@S reports (info for Step 3).
► Learn more about Using W@S reports and modules to develop an action plan (info for Step 3).
► W@S Action planning template [doc].
► Example of an action plan [pdf].
► Learn more about Interpreting the Inclusive Practices reports.
► Learn more about Using Inclusive practices data reports to develop an action plan
► IPT Action plan template [doc].
► Inclusive Practices Next steps links.
- Interpret and understand your data along with information from other sources
- Decide on short and longer-term goals
- Use the Next steps modules/links to decide on actions that work towards school goals
- Prioritise actions in a short and longer-term plan
- Ensure your plan is balanced and achievable
- Allocate resources to fit your plan
- Share the plan with the school community.
Inclusive practices Next step links
Respect for culture
(including Māori and Pasifika learners)
Inclusive enrolment practices
Identifying learner’s individual strengths and needs
|Including all learners|
|Participation (and engagement)||
Coordinated support and services
Working with families and whānau
|Building social relationships for all|
|Learning (and achievement)||Collaborative professional learning and practice||Valuing the achievements of all learners||Inclusive classroom culture|
W@S Next step planning modules
The planning modules contain ideas and actions relating to the four W@S aspects (layers): school-wide, classroom, student and community.